Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Now, More Than Ever, A Need for Science

A recent scientific study only re-emphasizes this country's need for increased scientific education, as well as the need for less stringent restrictions on scientists themselves and their exploration of the benefits of nuclear energy. Be sure to read We Must Expand Our Nuclear Power Program If We're To Realize Our Dream Of Superhero Mutants by T.J. Prima, scientific adviser for The Onion.

Image: Benefits of scientific experimentation begin to sprout forth.

Labels: , ,


5 Comments:

Blogger C. Margery Kempe said...

"Where is the holographic-room technology needed to sharpen their battle skills?" I ask myself this every day as I teach Anglo-Saxon heroic literature. Where will our next Judith come from without the training necessary to face future Holoferneses, who will no doubt mutate into far greater foes than anticipated in the Old English retelling of the narrative? We are more bereft than Wiglaf, last of the Waemundings, without the technological serendipity needed to produce the heroes and heroines of tomorrow!

3/09/2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger eirwenes said...

Quick thinking will always save the day. I hadn't realized until now how much Judith and Agent J have in common!

3/09/2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger Gene Kannenberg, Jr. said...

Um, exactly?

3/10/2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger eirwenes said...

Thinking outside the box! Now I'm know I'm supposed to know my Bible, but I refuse to be embarassed if I've garbled it, but wasn't Judith the one who hammered a tent post into the general's skull? This was an early recorded example of out-of-the-box thinking, which is precisely what got Agent J into the MIB. And that's about as far as I'm pushing that analogy!

3/12/2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger Gene Kannenberg, Jr. said...

Ah, MIB. The reason for my ?, dj, was that I didn't immediately recognize your Men in Black reference (shameful, I know - yet another movie based on a comic book!). And I leave it to Dr L to chime in on the Judith reference - it's been a loooong time since I translated the Anglo-Saxon version...

3/13/2006 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home