Monday, May 19, 2008

Book Review Publication: "The Ten-Cent Plague"


"The Not-So-Untold Story of the Great Comic-Book Scare,"
my review essay of David Hajdu's recent book The Ten-Cent Plague: The Great Comic-Book Scare and How It Changed America, has been published in the May 23rd, 2008 issue of The Chronicle of Higher Education (specifically, in The Chronicle Review, "The Magazine of Ideas"). Unfortunately, you can only read the article if you or your academic institution subscribe to the CHE. Once a sufficient length of time passes, though, I'll be able to post the full text - or a much longer version - here.

It was an honor for this independent scholar (i.e., me) to be invited to contribute to the Chronicle. I've now officially added my voice to Plague's incredibly large chorus of reviewers. Be sure to check out our
Ten-Cent Plague information page for more information about the book and its reception.

Labels: , , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home