Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Where I'll Be: Neil Hellman Library at The College of Saint Rose, April 9

Tomorrow evening I'll be speaking about my work with comics to students at The College of Saint Rose's Neil Hellman Library here in Albany, NY. I was invited to the event by librarian Kate Moss, after an introduction by my friend Kelly Meyer who also works at Saint Rose.

I'll be discussing the various research and other work I've done with comics, and also the types of comics which interest me (basically, all kinds!); but really, I'm most looking forward to talking with the students and seeing what their interests are. Kate tells me that she's heard a lot of enthusiasm for comics among the students there.

Also appearing will local cartoonist John Hebert, who was added to the program after this poster was already created. It's a small venue, so it's not really open to the general public. But who knows, this may be the start of more comics-related programming at the college!

- Poster by Jacqui Hopely, a colleague and friend of mine who also works at the Neil Hellman Library!

Labels: , , , , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home