Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Can't Wait for this New "Graphic Novel"

cover, Eco's 'Loana'In general, I really dislike the term "graphic novel" -- it's an empty concept, one I'll ramble on about soon. But one upcoming book really seems like it actually will be a "graphic novel" that does justice to the term: Umberto Eco's The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana, due out in June. I heard about it from the friendly Harcourt rep at last December's Modern Language Association convention, and I immediately knew I had to have this book. Besides being, well, a novel by Eco (I re-read Foucault's Pendulum nearly every year while I was in my twenties), it also apparently contains a visual orgy of images -- a concept which the cover gets across pretty clearly. Anyone got a review copy to spare?

Labels: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home