Thursday, October 31, 2013

My Last Regular Comics Alternative Podcast: Halloween Special 2013



Happy Halloween! In episode 59.1 of The Comics Alternative, Derek Royal and I discuss Graphic Classics vol. 23: Halloween Classics from 2012, edited by Tom Pomplun, and several new Halloween- or horror-themed comics, including the improbable Afterlife with Archie #1 by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Francesco Francavilla, and many more titles. It's a cornucopia of four-color fear!

Addendum to to our discussion of Afterlife with Archie: Veronica's faux-Vampirella Halloween costume is not, as I hypothesized on air, a nod to Trina Robbins' original Vampirella design (about which, see the bottom of this page). Mea fashion culpa!

As always, click the link above to stream the episode, or you can subscribe via iTunes.

This episode marks my final "regular" co-hosting duties at The Comics Alternative. Founding co-host Andy Kunka returns from his sabbatical nest week to re-join Derek Royal. My thanks to them both for the opportunity to get my feet wet in the waters of podcasting. It's been a fun ride! This isn't the end of my involvement with CA, however; I'll be returning soon to help out with a few creator-interview episodes, and I should be contributing some reviews to the website, as well. So, not "good bye" but rather "auf Wiedersehen"...

Labels: , , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home