Call for Panelists - Colloquiums: Comics in the Classroom and Innovations in Comics
Phoenix Comicon invites proposals for our second annual colloquium series on innovations that will impact the comics—how they are consumed, collected, and taught. The conference programming will extend over two days, covering the following themes:
Comics in the classroom (May 27):
We are seeking presentations and demonstrations that discuss the benefits and challenges of teaching comics and integrating comics into existing curricula. Possible topics might include:
- Challenges and benefits of integrating comics in existing college curricula
- Comics in the K-12 classroom
- Teaching comics with technology
- Online learning strategies to teach comics and visual rhetoric
Innovations in comic art (May 28):
We are seeking presentations and demonstrations of innovative techniques relating to the comics field, including the production of comics. Possible topics might include:
- Critical approaches to and innovations in web comics
- The shift from traditional illustration methods to digital methods.
- Interactive comics and “motion comics”
- Challenges of blending mediums (comics to video games, manga to anime, etc)
More information on the Phoenix Comicon, including lodging information, can be found at our website: http://www.